CAS is a global assurance service provider delivering high quality, independent, innovative and credible services in the coffee sector, for 4C Verification of the 4C Code of Conduct as well as assurance, integrity and progress measurement in coffee.
Producing 4C coffee involves implementing good economic practices, applying fair social conditions, and taking protective environmental actions.Buying 4C coffee requires assurance that these activities are in place and that through this, sustainable coffee purchasing targets can be met while mitigating risks. CAS works to ensure that all of this can take place at both ends, by verifying the absence of unacceptable practices, and the different levels of compliance to sustainability principles along the green coffee supply chain.
The Common Code for the Coffee Community (4C) was created through a participatory, extensive, transparent and balanced consultation with coffee stakeholders worldwide, and is operationalized by CAS. The 4C verification aims to gradually raise the social, economic and environmental conditions of coffee production and processing worldwide.
Benefits of 4C Coffee
- 4C coffee is produced in 28 countries by more than 500.000 farmers
- 4C is not a “cherry picking” standard for low hanging fruits
- 4C supports and implements sustainable solutions for the entire sector
- 4C is an effective and at the same time cost efficient solution
- Wide recognition from relevant actors inside and outside the coffee segment